Davey has been in our lives for just over two years now. In that time several odd phrases have crept into my vernacular. Dave usually gives me this look
when I say any of the following:
10. "Not food" usually shouted and followed by the typical "drop it"
9. "Please stop licking the wall/floor/couch/cat"
8. "Don't let the cat puke in your mouth" Yes, she has come close to doing that.
7. "Why is your poop orange/blue/purple/pink?"
6. "Leave my bra alone!"- Davey likes to parade said undergarment around the house. Trust me, that is not a phrase I have uttered often in my life before Dave.
5. "Do NOT dive in that pooh!" - ah yes, poop diving. An infrequent but happy pastime
4. "Stop growling at the homeless man"- Dave does not have sympathy for the homeless, we aren't sure why.
3. "My bosom is not a shelf"- Davey likes to drop toys, rawhides and the like on his mom-shelf. Actually, I say that to more than just Dave, come to think of it.
2. "Please stop riding your sister"- said when Dave gets in a cat chasing mood. He is faster than poor Chloe so he is often ON her while chasing her.
1. "We don't hump our friends" – most frequently said at the dog park, occasionally said to my partner when we have cute visitors.
If you have pets of your own, I am sure you have similar statements you would rather the neighbors didn't hear. Do share...